Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome to my new blog

Here I sit on New Year's Day. The snow is falling outside -- it's the kind of day that makes me want to hunker inside. And so, that's what I'll do!

A couple of months ago I felt as though the Lord was nudging me to start blogging regularly. Granted, I've done it for my travels, but this one would be for a different purpose. I sensed Him telling me to use it for journaling my spiritual journey. To share what I read in my devotions. To pass along inspirational quotes and nuggets from the books I read. To make it a tool for others to use for encouragement in their own spiritual journey. To use it to help others connect the dots between God's Word and real life.

And so, I agreed. I'll admit I feel a little anxious about blogging regularly. What if I have trouble keeping it up? But I go back to the fact that, if God is nudging me to do this, He'll enable me to get it done.

Join me in this venture! I'll share my heart with you, and I invite you to do the same by sending your comments. I look forward to hearing from you.

The blog will be located at this site for a short while as my website undergoes a facelift. When that task is complete, the blog will move there for easier access. I'll let you know when that happens.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I'm grateful you will be blogging! I enjoy hearing God's Word through your thoughts so much! And I have to admit....it is good for me to be reminded how up and down life is...for all of us. And that through it all, God is faithful! I look forward to walking this journey with you. Thank you for your obedience, your honesty and your passion for Christ.

Jeanette Windle said...

Hey, glad to see your new blog; it looks great. Guess we can both learn together. Blessings, Jeanette