Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Need Strength?

Today's reading in Psalms really blessed me. Right now I'm facing a work load that seems 'way too big to complete in the amount of time available before I leave the country again, and frankly, I see my inadequacy. And so, several verses popped off the page this morning.

Psalm 18:29 -- "In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall."
v. 32,33 -- "God arms me with strength; he has made my way safe. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, leading me safely along the mountain heights."
v. 34 -- "He prepares me for battle; he strengthens me to draw a bow of bronze."

When we are weak (and willing to admit it), He is strong. No matter what we're facing -- a heavy workload, the pain of prodigal kids, financial insecurity, health issues, whatever -- God is our strength. He enables us to face the demands of life and battles of the soul with victory. Nothing...nothing is beyond His ability. He is fully capable. And as we rest in Him, we are fully able.

No comments: