Thursday, March 20, 2008

Saturday, March 15

The Radom conference began at 10 a.m. Four college-age women formed the worship team, singing the Polish version of familiar songs such as “Come, Now is the Time to Worship.” It’s amazing, really, the international family of God. He has adopted children of every culture and language. We might not be able to understand our brothers’ and sisters’ words while on earth but there are no communication barriers when we praise our Father together.


The day consisted of two sessions. After the first ended, one woman approached me and said, “I’m a scientist in the process of writing a book. I know exactly what you mean when you speak of the fear of inadequacy.” She explained that the task of writing this book stands before her like a mountain. She said that after hearing me telling about the fears I faced before writing Moving From Fear to Freedom, she knew she could proceed and trust the Lord to equip her for the job just as He had equipped me. Praise the Lord!


Others spoke to me after the last session, grateful for the perspective they’d received and excited about putting into practice the truths they’d learned. Goodbyes were said. Kisses were exchanged. And once again my heart rejoiced in the privilege of meeting these Polish sisters and being used as a channel of God’s blessings. This city has approximately 300,000 people and only 200 believers. I pray that the Lord will use this afternoon to help build His kingdom in this place.


The conference over, Diane and I hopped on a bus and headed for the next stop.

No comments: